The Freehouse Collective is a progressive hospitality company that operates award-winning Public Houses, Nightclubs, Cocktail Taverns, Barbershops and Cannabis Retail. The company’s attention to products, design, entertainment, and community has earned us a reputation as an industry leader in Vancouver.
We are seeking an exuberant and outgoing individual who possesses a strong work ethic, the ability to take the initiative, and greatly values the importance of work-life balance. The position will be focused solely on the hospitality sector of the business. The office is located in Kitsilano and Hybrid working opportunities may be available.
The role will be responsible for overseeing the strategic areas of Finance, Accounting, and Property.Functionally, this role will focus on financial reporting and planning, monitoring, management and reporting for the Donnelly Group of Companies.
The role will be instrumental in establishing a “financial” culture throughout the company.
FINANCIAL & ACCOUNTING SERVICES
Supporting the COO and Director of Finance, the Controller’s responsibilities include all financial obligations that surface within our companies, whether it is day to day banking, establishing institutional financing, leasing agreements or financial statements.
- Banking: day to day banking needs of each venue
- Leading the Finance team to ensure accuracy and completeness of account reconciliations, invoicing, accounts payables/receivables as well as corporate credit card accounts and credit card processing to support auditors
- Accounting: managing the in house accounting department that is responsible for monthly and yearly financial reports
- Professional services
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures, including compliance with current legislation
- Licensing: licensing is a major component of our operations and also includes licensing related to business licenses, the health board and all permitting.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Professional accounting designation: CPA
- Finance experience in a management capacity
- Experience at a public accounting firm preferred
- Proven experience managing, leading and motivating staff
- Experience with process analysis and improvement
- Experience with complex budgets, forecasting, internal transactions and executive presentations
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel and accounting systems
- Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize
- Ability to professionally liaise with stakeholders